May 24, 2008

The Innocent Man by John Grisham

A work of non-fiction, this title is an exploration of small town justice gone terribly awry. In 1982, a 21 year-old cocktail waitress in Ada named Debra Sue Carter was raped and murdered, and for five years the police could not solve the crime. For reasons that were never clear, they suspected Ron Williamson and his friend Dennis Fritz. (from google books)


Ugh. I've read every John Grisham book there is and liked them all--even if they are all basically the same--so I thought I'd give this one a shot. Ugh. I gave up around page 100. I read for entertainment and reading about real life horrific-ness is not entertaining to me. I know bad, bad things happen in this world. I don't want to know the details if I don't have to. WD liked it, though.

0 comments: